Vision Forum is a mobile laboratory, an open community and a platform for developing new forms and contexts to produce and present interdisciplinary art across multiple genres. We focus on two intimately connected strategies and primarily work with performance:
1. PRODUCTION: We work with professional artists in an expanded art field and most projects involve multiple producers, international networks and interdisciplinary collaborations. The presented work often makes use of new technologies, experimental expressions and moves across multiple venues. We also look for new audiences by presenting interdisciplinary art outside of the traditional art venues.
We currently focus on three main fields of interest:
- -Developing new hybrid forms for performance art
- - Projects that offer platforms for meetings between visual art, dance, literature, music, theatre, film and other cultural expressions.
- - Projects that offer platforms for meetings between the arts and research in the sciences and humanities.
2. DISSEMINATION: By working within a national and international network, we support art, science and academic institutions around the world to come up with new ideas, new working methods and to make their every day practice more rewarding and interesting. We do so by sharing our long and solid experience in interdisciplinary and international projects. We also provide them with access to a rich international and interdisciplinary network of artists, researchers and academics.
We are a non-profit organisation based in Sweden and we have carried out projects on all the continents of the world with our partner organisations. We primarily organise performances as well as experimental seminars and workshops. We also occasionally organise exhibitions and create publications and release records. We often in collaborate with practitioners in other artistic fields and researchers in the sciences and humanities and currently organise around 50 events per year.
Since its inception in 2008, Vision Forum has worked i dialogue with higher education – with focus on research. Some educational work takes place within two projects that we run with partners in Sweden and Belgium: Morgondagens Konstpublik that focuses on students and young artists and Riding the donkey backwards where we work with refugees across Europe. All fully owned Vision Forum projects focus on work with professionals in different disciplines.
We work towards having a totally horizontal organisation where the creators and researchers together develop the program of the organisation. Artist Per Hüttner is the director of the organisation since 2008. We have collaborated with such distinguished people as Theodore Zeldin and Nobel laureate Roald Hoffman. We currently collaborate with many different practitioners: curators Sara Giannini, Susanne Ewerlöf; the collective Wooloo/Human Hotel, choreographer Carima Neusser; researchers Predrag Petrovic, Stephen Whitmarsh, Robert Oostenveld; pedagogues Anne Klontz and musicians Jean-Louis Huhta and Siri Jennefelt. You will find who participates by browsing our Current Projects and find out more about the new projects that we are developing with neuroscientists, migrants and lawyers.
The network is based in Sweden. Most of us who work with the projects are based in Europe and we often collaborate with institutions and creators in Asia, Australia, Africa and the Americas. Find out more about us by browsing our news page or by looking at the previous projects to see what we have organised. You can also find out what we are planning in the future. You can also browse the publications that document our activities. You will find out what has been written about us in the media here or you can visit us on Instagram or Facebook.